Tuesday 24 November 2009

Ulzzang: Lee Jung Ha






 If you don't know what an Ulzzang is, it is bascially a Korean slang term for "best face" and this is typically used to describe flawless Korean girls/guys who post selca/professional pictures of themselves on the net earning their title as an Ulzzang.

And when I say 'flawless' I mean.. smooth white skin, huge eyes, and petite in size (for girls anyway). But most of the time, these pictures are heavily photoshopped making them appear very alien-like. Don't get me wrong, I have nothing against Ulzzangs, but sometimes, their pictures can look really unnatural.

In fact, I find some Ulzzangs inspiring in terms of photography and fashion. Each Ulzzang is different in style, and I usually find myself admiring their creativity as well as their beauty (regardless of whether they've gone under the knife or just the odd photoshop). I never knew a such simple shot of them sitting in a cafe can look so alluring? xP

So for my first Ulzzang post, I'm going to introduce you my favourite Ulzzang, Lee Jung Ha. Despite the fact I hardly know anything personal about her, her pictures really stood out to me.









Isn't she just so doll-like?? As well as having the title as an Ulzzang, she also models for an online Korean clothes store [will find out what the address is].

Many girls aspire to look/become like Ulzzangs, and they, along with Japanese Hime/Gyarus, are the sole reasons as to why 'Circle Lens' have become such a huge sensation all throughout Asia--but I think I'll leave this topic for another post. =))

3 comments:

  1. have you found out the website site yet?

    ReplyDelete
  2. what happened with lee jung ha? is she still an ulzzang?

    ReplyDelete
  3. she is so damn pretty !!!! i like her huge eye, n when u use softlens it be really beutyful eyes

    ReplyDelete