Sunday 20 March 2011

A bit of ramble.. and my growing love for vintage/Nicole Warne



So first year at uni for me is coming to an end soon... (>_<) and I don't feel prepared going into second year already. I would like to think I made the most out of my first year, but I don't think I'd truly find out until the workload starts hitting me next term when most likely I'll be living like a hermit. xP

I've always been quite independent, so university wasn't a massive shock to me, especially being so far away from home! In fact, right from the start, I've always looked forward to university and getting away from family.. been counting down since the days of GCSE! (and even that seems centuries ago!) It's nice to escape from all the drama that goes around in the household, and live a pretty much nag-free life at uni! Although, the invention of Skype doesn't completely make it nag-free...... lol But of course, I love my family to bits regardless, afterall, who's going fund my living expenses when my student loan runs dangerously dry eh? haha (obviously not without a lot of whining on my part.. !)

There are many things I've learnt during my time at uni (not just academically.. haha) and I met many amazing new people, and I feel that I'll only gain more once I enter second year! =))


Moving abruptly on... 

Lately, I've been so inspired by vintage. Especially in fashion photography. Nicole Warne does a really good job in providing such inspiration on Lookbook.nu. I guess photoshop, fashion photography and art in general are my other passions besides music and 'Economics and Geograpy...' PAH! It makes me miss the time that I had when I could roam around with a DSLR in spring taking photos of whatever that inspired me.
Now, that I have the materials (minus a decent camera) and software, I feel I can expand this exploration further! =)) After exams.. possibly.



I actually discovered Nicole Warne in a fashion style book in Urban Outfitters! I literally just did a quick flip through and her page particularly caught my attention. She's actually half-Korean and half-Japanese and owns a vintage store in Australia. I think her look is so unique and I absolutely love her fashion style!


So if you have time.. you should definitely check out her blog and her store



No comments:

Post a Comment