Sunday 3 July 2011

SM TOWN x Paris



This is such a late update but here is my post on my recent travel to Paris and my attendance at the SM TOWN LIVE concert on 10th June! =))

Paris was a MUCH needed break after my exams ended! I literally couldn't wait to get out of the country as soon as I left Leeds! Although I did get off on a risky foot before I left London though.. thinking that the Eurostar is like any other train you get on in the UK, I booked my train tickets to London with the arrival time 20 minutes before departure of my Eurostar journey! (you're meant to check-in at least 30 minutes). Speaking as an Economics student, I'm ashamed to say that I didn't calculate any externalities which may have deterred me from missing my train, i.e. tube breakdowns. long queues etc. BUT, luckily, I literally JUST made it and I'm glad my friend didn't travel without me! haha -- so in short, it was pretty stressful having to deal with the fact that I could have possibly missed out on my chance to visit Paris and ultimately.. seeing Korean Celebrities in their flesh and skin!

The hostel that my friend and I stayed out was not really what I expected, and I don't mean that in a good way..  First of all, we had to share a room with 2 other strangers (luckily they were girls), 2) we had to sleep on flimsy bunk beds -- and we had the top bunks, and 3) the staff were pretty unhelpful, especially when we asked for more toilet paper..
I guess in my mind, I was expecting the same kinda service and room that I had when I went to Berlin.. but yea, I wouldn't recommend anyone staying in that place (which I'm going to leave out the name).

First Day

After dumping our stuff.. my friend Charli and I headed for dinner to the restaurant right next to our hostel. We had such a good meal! yummm




Since it was still quite early, we headed for a night view of the Eiffel Tower.






The River Seine 

Second Day (SM TOWN CONCERT!)


L'Arc de Triomphe 

Charli and I decided to visit the L'Arc de Triomphe and make our way down Champs Elysees (the famous shopping street in Paris). 



Walking down Champs Elysees wouldn't mean anything if I didn't visit their LV store! xP


A posh high-tea place


French Macaroons 




Playing around with my art filters xP 


The queue to get into the venue for the SM TOWN concert! 




Charli and I =)) 


F(x)


3 members from Super Junior


MINHO walked past me and I didn't even notice! To be honest, I'm not a big SHINee fan.. but wow, the exhilaration of knowing the fact that a KOREAN CELEBRITY was less than a meter a way from you!!



Girl's Generation



Super Junior



SHINee


My childhood dream come true... 
DBSK were the first band that got me into K-pop, and that was when I was 11 years old!! (a good 8 years ago) I remember being their BIGGEST fan for at least 2 years before they headed to Japan and during that time, I've always wished to see them -- and it seems my wish came 2/5ths true. It would have made my life if all of them were still together. T_T 




Third Day - DISNEYLAND! 




You are NEVER too old to go to Disneyland!! xP Too bad I forgot to bring my camera charger while I was in France.. so I don't have many of my own photos! >_< 


Fois Grais -- a must try! Really good stuff!! 


Steak and "burger" xP 


Fourth Day




Le Louvre




Notre Dame



More Macaroons


Wining and Dining at a posh restaurant in Le Champs Elysees! xP 





Unable to choose at Hagen Daaz! 


Calorific but SOO good! 


Going to the top of the Eiffel Tower


Fifth Day



Visiting a local market 


Gare du Nord - Home time! ><

Overall, it was such an amazing trip! Last time I went to Paris was when I was about 7, so didn't much of a recollection of it. I was surprised to learn that I still had some basic French buried at the back of my mind! hahha, so we didn't get completely lost! 

Sorry for the major photos spammage.. theres more, but I only chose the most relevant ones on my blog! xP and.. here is my video montage of the SM Town Concert. Enjoy! =)) 





No comments:

Post a Comment