Sunday 3 July 2011

Mindful of Cravings


I say to myself every year, 'whats the point in going to Hong Kong, when you're not going to eat?' -- yes, Hong Kong has the best food in the worldd, and it would be foolish to miss out on them if you're only here for a short period of time!

During my first semester at uni, I managed to lose a whole stone just by getting through the day with one meal.. -- and no, I wasn't trying to be anorexic (don't be silly! I'm the furthest away from being anorexic!!) it was literally how it worked out with my intense timetable. On most days, I would have a 9am and sometimes wouldn't finish till 6pm (and they say 1st year is meant to be easy!?! o_O) which meant I wouldn't get home till 7pm cause I live so far away! And that was probably the only time I had the chance to eat a proper meal. Therefore this weight loss wasn't completely intentional!
In a way, I was glad this was happening coz I've been told most of my life that I need to lose weight, but on the other hand, I knew I wasn't getting the nutrients that I needed and I'm not losing it the way you should be.. >_<

But now uni has finished, I feel as though I've gained all that weight back again because essentially I've been on two holidays so far! Paris was full of good yet expensive food, but Hong Kong is full of amazing yet CHEAP food! So just as a consolation, I tell myself it would be a waste of a holiday if I didn't eat anything... haha

I probably wrote a similar post last year on this.. I guess I did fulfil one of my wishes -- to lose weight at uni! haha! Oh wells -- I'll just say this again, I'll lose it at uni! xP

and just to make you all feel jealous..











too full from my Korean BBQ! xP 


Looking at these now.. I seem to have had more Japanese food than anything else! xP 
will update more on my travels soon! =)) 

No comments:

Post a Comment