Monday 18 June 2012

Review: Bare Minerals Foundation


One thing that was on my last-minute to-pack list for Hong Kong was to find some mineral foundation, so that my face can survive the hot and humid weather without my pores being clogged up. In the past, I've always used the Skin79 Hot pink BB Cream, but seeing as it just melted off my face whenever I get super sweaty and hot, it leaves my skin looking majorly oily-- not particularly attractive..

One thing that I do know about mineral foundation is that it is supposedly good for the skin, and it contains elements in the powder that doesn't make your skin look as oily when its humid outside. And this is the sole reason why I opted to try out Bare Escentuals' mineral foundation.

So I wore it for a few days in England, and my skin was fine. But I found that I had to put a lot to cover my blemishes (because it also acts as a concealer) which looked heavy on the skin and slightly off my skin-tone the more you apply.

However, once I touched down Hong Kong, my skin did not look too great after 2 days of use. My face became incredibly dry and bumps and dry patches on my skin appeared. The more I sweat, the more my face burned and became itchy! Needless to say, I had an allergic reaction to the mineral foundation.

I googled searched the stuff and found that Bare Escentuals mineral foundation actually contains a chemical called Bismuth Oxychloride which is the culprit for causing my face to burn and itch so intensely! It is used to help the product blend more smoothly on the skin and some of its by-products contain metals of lead and copper nature which enhances acne growth. -_____- ughh. This also explains why I've been breaking out so much too!

I am not one to usually have such sensitive skin, but I would definitely not recommend this to anyone who does!! This product has seriously damaged my skin and I'm still having a hard time trying to fully recover from the scaring and bouts of breakouts that I'm having.

Despite my unfavoured reaction to the product, it is possibly not to say that I should never try mineral foundation again, but in the future, it is noteworthy to look at the ingredients beforehand and watch out for the deadly Bismuth.



No comments:

Post a Comment