Friday 13 May 2011

Boyce Avenue


This has got to one of the most amazing live gigs that I’ve been to (minus the fat betch who shoved in front of us and the sweaty teenagers). Boyce Avenue – these guys are so inspiring, they were absolutely incredible.

Before actually going to their gig in Leeds, I only heard a few of their covers on their Youtube channel and that was pretty much it. From those, I just came to the conclusion that they were a talented band. But after attending their gig tonight, my word, I was absolutely BLOWN away, they sounded even MORE amazing live than on the web.

They played a mixture of both original songs and covers, and the song that made an impact on my emotions was their original, ‘Briane’. This song is actually dedicated to one of their closet’s friends whose wife committed suicide and the lyrics convey what the wife would have said to him after she died.

I didn’t think the song would strike a chord in me, but it did. I don’t know why, but when Alejandro sang..

And though I've gone away



I still see what you're going through
It kills me everyday
To know I killed what meant most to you
So when you pass my grave
Leave a rose for what might have been
And know that it's ok
To shed you fears and find love again


I teared up.



Songs rarely make me tear up, unless they’re from a sad movie/drama. But a song that I’ve heard once – that says a lot. I listened to it again when I got home… and it made me cry again, but harder.

Just want to give a massive shout-out to Boyce Avenue for such an amazing night. It was definitely a much needed night after a stressful period that I’ve been going through. =))

If you guys have never heard of them, you should definitely check them out on here: 
 http://www.youtube.com/user/boyceavenue

Just a few photos with my new Olympus XZ-1 camera =)) 





Alejandro


Daniel


Fabian





With my girls. =)) 

My video montage of them! Check it out! 



1 comment:

  1. You are so lucky to have seen them live! I can't wait till I get a chance to :)

    ReplyDelete